Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Shout Out to All "Left Out" Moms

OK, so the other night Caris fell asleep on my chest and I was just sitting there in utter amazement of this little miracle, when I thought "I wish I had a picture of this moment". So, Patton grabbed the camera and voila memory saved for posterity, right? Not so much! Every time I look at this photo I am reminded of just how much we look NOTHING alike! Don't misinterpret that, I do NOT think that I am "all that". However, it would be nice if, after carrying her for 9 months and recovering from the C-section that brought her into this world, she even somewhat resembled me. I find this very unfair. I am sure there are other mothers out there who would agree with me. Take heart, "Left Out" Moms! I feel your pain and I raise a glass of chocolate milk to your suffering!!

4 wanted to say something:

heatherclardy said...

I am totally with you on on this one. You know that most everyone thinks that Michaela looks JUst like her daddy. Caris is getting so big. She is adorable.

Jill said...

I love reading your blog. I totally agree with you. My two girls don't look like me either. Oh, well!

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I feel your pain! Go look at my blog to see how much my sweet girl looks like her daddy! It makes me sick sometimes! I mean, I carried her. I had the c-section! Come on! Oh well! :)

Celeste said...

Lee feels that way. In fact, I think he cries about it when I'm not looking. ha ha!