Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Caris!!

This post is a little late, so I apologize! Our Baby Girl turned 1 on Friday, November 7th. Her birthday shin-dig was on Saturday, November 8th. The following pictures represent a condensed play-by-play of the event that was "Carispalooza 2008". Please enjoy!!


This is the birthday girl in her party dress that her Nana & Pop bought for her. Those of you who know me know how big a fan I am of pink and brown and this dress was, well, perfect. Thanks, Nana & Pop!


This is Princess Caris preparing for her smash cake. I didn't know how well she would take to it since she's not real fond of actually touching anything wet or squishy. As you will see, my doubts were totally laid to rest.


This is our child. Our little red-headed fireball who, up until this point, would not pick up a piece of ravioli off of her highchair tray and eat it, but was more than happy to let Mom feed her the ravioli from a spoon. Stupid Mom was thinking it had something to do with the fact that the ravioli was wet. Oh, contrare! Smarty-pants just won't put forth the effort unless she can make a giant mess that takes 3 adults 30 minutes to clean up.



Did you know you can't just "rinse" icing out of hair? No, it has staying power that requires actual shampoo. Caris knew that.

9 wanted to say something:

THE MASON'S said...

Happy Late Birthday Miss Caris. Looks like you gave mommy and daddy a big mess to clean you. You are such a precious baby girl though. I love the dress. I like the pink and brown to.

Pam Nipper said...

ohhhh she is sooooooo cute!!! :-) I love the cake pictures when they get all messy.. :-D..lol

The Carter's said...

She's such a cutie - looks like she had a ball digging into her cake. Makes me sad though - Abbey's birthday is less than 6 months away! How the time does fly....

Samantha said...

I am so glad to finally see some pictures! Happy late birthday Caris! Looks like yall had some fun!

Jill said...

Great pictures. She is just precious. Glad she had a great time making a mess.

Melanie said...

Hey Christi! I just found your blog tonight! You have such a little doll!!! She is beautiful!!!
Hope you are doing well! I am going to add you to my blog list so I can check on you often!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Caris! I love little red-heads. The dress looks so cute and I love the mess. 1st birthdays are the best.

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

Happy Late Birthday! It looks like Caris had lots of fun! :) She's too cute!

Celeste said...

Happy Late Birthday Caris!!! I hate that I was out of town the weekend of her party! We love you guys! Celeste