Thursday, August 21, 2008

Letters to Caris (9 Months)

Well, my girl, I have gotten behind on my monthly letters to you and for that I apologize. Let me see, where has the time gone? You are such a busy little wonder. You are walking now and it is so fun to watch! You aren't a pro yet, but you are getting better by the day. (Your room at daycare is aptly named the "Wobbler" room!) You are getting more and more verbal. Trust me, I wish we could understand what you are trying to say as much as it seems like you wish we could. You recently had your first ear infection which interrupted your most glorious accomplishment of sleeping through the night. No worries, though; I think we've cleared up the infection and you've slept through from 9:30 until 6:00 the last two nights. (Gee, I hope I didn't just jinx it!!) You are eating just about everything we put in front of you especially french fries, banana pudding and Goldfish crackers. That flows nicely into my next factoid - you are now in 12 month clothes! You have 4 1/2 teeth; 2 on bottom and 2 1/2 on top. Your hair is FINALLY long enough to put in 1 small ponytail on top of your little head. It is absolutely THE cutest thing ever! You look just like Pebbles from the Flintstones! It's awesome! You can say "Da-Da", "Uh-Oh" and you are really fond of making a "Ttt" sound. Those are all of the stats that I can think of at the moment, so on to the mushy stuff.....
You are a constant amazement to me. I have learned and continue to learn so much because of you. You make me strive to be such a better person because I want to be an example of what I hope you will become. I am constantly aware that you are watching my every move and each word I say and move I make will shape you. It is terrifying and wonderful. I truly believe that you are a gift from God.
Hugs & Kisses,
Mom

1 wanted to say something:

Samantha said...

so sweet! Caris is absolutely precious! Love the update!