Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blessings

I was playing with Baby Caris last night on our bed and she attempted (as she always does) to grab at this huge magnolia picture hanging above the headboard. She is fascinated with this small business card that sits in the corner of the frame. The card is very significant for two reasons. One, it reflects the name of the artist. "Yvonne Hollis" - my Grandmother; a woman I wish I had taken the time to get to know better before she was called to Heaven. Two, a very special verse. James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. How appropriate! Let me explain.....
I have been struggling the past couple of days with an uneasy feeling. I wasn't sure where it was coming from and still don't know exactly why I was down-in-the-dumps. However, last night as I sat on our bed with our gift from God, I was reminded, via words from my Grandmother, that God is in control. He is watching over me and He used that moment to connect my dear Grandmother to her namesake and to remind me that He has blessed me far more than I could ever deserve. I have no reason to be down because the Creator, whom I have sinned against daily, STILL loves me enough to put these precious creatures in my life. I deserve NOTHING and He gives me so much. I pray that each one of you has that kind of moment in your lives. Please know that NONE of us deserve or are entitled to anything. We ALL have sinned and fallen short of the grace that is so lovingly provided to us by God. I am a sad, broken being but I am made whole again in Him. What an AWESOME feeling!!!

5 wanted to say something:

Celeste said...

What a touching and very true post. You are beautiful person inside and out. We love you and your family so much. Celeste

Celeste said...

What a touching and so true post. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. We love you and your family. Celeste

Amanda said...

This is awesome! Each time I read your blog I know that God is a part of it!

Amanda O'Bryant

Katie McCrary said...

so sorry to hear about Patton's dad. Please accept our condolances and prayers. lu,katie ,and nash

Katie McCrary said...

i tagged you check my blog