Monday, July 7, 2008

Letters to Caris - 8 Months


So, my precious baby girl, you are now 8 months old.  I am filled with so much love and gratitude to God when I look at you.  I am overwhelmed that your Daddy and I were chosen to raise such a special little angel.  You are truly a joy and a blessing.
I was thinking the other day about names and how important they are.  It is the first bit of information people want to know about you.  Your name follows you all of your life.  Did you know that in addition to you being your Dad's "mini me" you and he also share something very special?  You are both named after very important and wonderful people.  Your Dad was named after his maternal grandfather, Patton Thrasher.  He went to heaven before your Daddy and I started dating, so I never got the pleasure of meeting him but your Daddy loved him very much.  Your Maw-Maw tells me all the time how much your Daddy reminds her of her father.  From what I've been told he loved practical jokes and was a very lively character who loved to laugh.  He enjoyed the outdoors, hunting and fishing.  This sounds just like your Dad!  When anyone speaks of him they do so with love and fond remembrance.  He was obviously a very special person, so it is a great honor for your Daddy to carry his name.  You are named after my paternal grandmother, Yvonne Holliman.  She went to heaven when I was about 15 or 16 years old.  She was a very smart and beautiful lady who loved her family dearly.  Everyone says that I am just like her (I should be so lucky!).  I have had people who didn't know who I was ask me if I was related to her and when they realized that I was her granddaughter they would smile and say "My, she was a wonderful woman".  What a legacy to leave!  I wish that for you.  I hope you realize what an honor it is to have such a beautiful being's name.  Always remember how important names are and make yours one to be proud of.
Hugs & Kisses,
Mom

1 wanted to say something:

Katie McCrary said...

love it! I love family names, I'm all about knowing where you came from!