Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Getting to Know You"

I saw this on another person's blog and thought it would be fun to try.


Maybe I should really consider getting a maid.  I was such a horrible housekeeper before Little Bit was born and since she's come along it's gotten progressively worse.  My poor hubby!!

People would say that I'm too reserved.  This can be mistaken for snobbery, but I promise that is not how it is intended.  I just take a while to warm up to people.  I'm working on it.

I don't understand why when a deer sheds its antlers one year they grow back to the same size and sometimes even bigger the next year.  How is this possible?  That's like losing your legs one year and by the next year you are taller than you were before your legs fell off.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

When I wake up in the morning I either fix a bottle or change a diaper, depending on whether I make it to the crib first or not.  The one who gets the baby changes the diaper, the one who doesn't makes the bottle.  What a wonderful life!!!

I've lost my willpower to get organized.  It's just not gonna happen!  I end up finding what I need eventually!

Life is wonderful with the addition of that precious little red-headed girl!  Easy answer, I know!  I just can't express how complete my life has been since she came along!

My past made me fiercely protective of my family.  They are my constant source of support, happiness and comfort.  I thank God for and pray for each one of them everyday.

I get annoyed when the bass on people's car radios thumps so loud that it literally shakes my body.  This cannot be good for that person's hearing and it does not make them seem cool.  The only thing it makes them seem is deaf.

Parties are not a good time to try new recipes.  Stick with what you know!  If your luck is anything like mine, it never turns out when you're under pressure.  

Dogs are good for other people.  Animals in general are not my thing.  Not that I ever wish any harm on any animal; I'm just not what you'd call an "animal lover".  If you are - so be it!

Cats are OK as long as they stay at least 50 yards away from me.  Again, I'm not a big animal person.  

Tomorrow I'm going to go to my nephew's 1st tee ball game.  He's 4 and it should be interesting.

I have low tolerance for stick-thin gals who claim they eat all the time and think they are fat.  You are just fishing for compliments!  Admit it and have a cheeseburger!  You will still be able to fit into your size 0 jeans!

I'm totally terrified of losing someone I love.  I don't know if I am emotionally or mentally strong enough to get through that kind of loss.

I wonder why I thought my life would be OK without kids.  I was so wrong!  

Never in my life have I smoked a cigarette.  I have never had the urge to smoke.  Let me see, it smells disgusting and makes your teeth yellow....Oh, yeah, sign me up!!  (That was sarcasm for those of you who don't know me!)

High school was something that should be used as a method of torture on criminals.  The only good things I got out of high school were my awesome husband and a scholarship to college.

When I'm nervous I get really quiet and like to just sink into the background.  

One time at a family gathering I was yelled at by an elderly woman in front of everyone.  For those of you who don't know this story it was very traumatic and something that haunts me until this day.  (Sarcasm once again!)  Just let me say that when grandma says "Go fix your plate", go fix your plate!

Take my advice - cantaloupe is good!  Trust me on this!  I love it!

Making my bed is...wait a second, hold the phone...those things are supposed to be made?  What a neat idea!  I'll have to try that sometime!

I'm almost always the peacemaker.  I just want harmony.  Otherwise I can't sleep and get horrible migraines.  Why can't we all just get along?!?!

I'm addicted to chocolate (specifically Milky Ways).  I could've said Dr. Pepper, but I gave those up about a month ago.  I'm also hooked on Sonic Java Chillers, but I limit myself to only 1 of those a week.

I want someone to teach me how to love what I cannot change, let go of what I cannot change, forgive what I cannot change and change whatever I can.  (Thank you LeAnn Rimes!)

0 wanted to say something: