Saturday, May 10, 2008

My First Mother's Day

I hope all of you Mothers out there are having as good a Mother's Day Weekend as I am. As if I needed more proof that my hubby was a wonderful guy, he goes and tops anything I ever could have imagined him doing. I returned from lunch Friday to find 3 vases of roses on my desk. At first, I thought someone had made a mistake. Maybe a couple of these vases were for other gals at the office and the delivery person was just lazy and put them all on my desk. So, I opened the card and realized it was no mistake. The vase on the right holds only 1 rose. This rose represents all of our "firsts" together; our first kiss, our first child and the many more first we'll share together. The vase on the left holds 6 roses. These represent the 6 months that I have been a "great" mother to our child. The middle vase holds 11 roses. These represent the 11 (almost) "outstanding" years we've been married. For those of you who know my husband, you will find this gesture somewhat out of character. He's not one for "emotions". So, you must understand just how much this touched me. Don't get me wrong, I know he loves me and I never doubt that. But this....this was simply wonderful! I cried and just sat in my chair thanking God for him and our daughter and the wonderful life that He has given me. Then I called my guy and cried all over again. It was so special. He has surely made my first "official" mother's day one that I will never forget. I love you, Boo!

4 wanted to say something:

Katie McCrary said...

Thanks so much for your sweet commetnt, I would love for you to steal my letters idea, Wow he did good on the roses!

Anonymous said...

hey cuz. your blog is hilarious you should charge admission to read that! sorry for my lack of capitalization and spelling. i really hate the shift key and i don't like looking words up in the dictionary. your mom and dad surprised all of us this weekend with their visit. i know mom would have chosen that over anything else for mother's day. funny how we don't take time for the important things in life. amazing you and i both have kids that neither of us have seen. i meant what i said about the blog, you should consider putting it as a collumn in a newspaper somewhere. i will be checking back in so keep writing.

take care,
chad, shonie, and barker

heatherclardy said...

I am so glad to see you joined the blogging world. Caris is absolutely adorable! We all need to get together soon. Michaela would love playing with your little sweetie. I am impressed with Patton's creativity and I am glad that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

Celeste said...

Happy 1st Mothers Day a day late! I am so happy for you and so impressed with Patton. Yall are so much fun. I hope we get together again soon. Love, C-